Saturday, December 05, 2009

XmasScarf#2


XmasScarf#2
Originally uploaded by lasassone
Last night I finished this, the 2nd scarf I have knit for a Christmas present in the last month. This one is a tad longer than the first one and it's a little more frilly because of the fashionista granddaughter who will receive this. It was knit on size 8 needles and the yarn is Red Heart's Collage. I guess you call this a self-striping yarn, the color is called blue waves. It is not nearly "green-looking" as it looks in the pictures - it's more gold/yellow.

I've done this pattern before back in January for a black & grey scarf I made for one of my daughters. Once you get the hang of the pattern rows, it's quite easy. However, as usual I did my fair share of UNknitting because I get easily distracted.

My next knitting project will be some fingerless mittens or maybe I should call them handwarmers. At any rate, they look like they would be great for driving.

Also in the works is a Taggie for our new grandnephew, a set of redwork IKEA dishtowels, another pillow, some doll clothing, a wallhanging, some fuzzy fabric scarves and maybe a totebag or two. My deadline for most of these things is the 18th of December when SOME will have to be mailed.

Wish me luck!

No comments: