Friday, January 12, 2007

TAST & I'm BACK!


Sylvia's Pillow
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
I'm back! I didn't fall off the earth, I didn't die, I didn't even stop stitching! The trip to Texas to spend Christmas with 2 of our daughters and their families was very long and quite eventful.

I didn't die, but there were a few moments when I wasn't sure about that. We brought back a little extra holiday giftee from the grands - The NoroVirus (stomach flu)! It has taken a lot out of both G and I, so I must confess I've been a tad slow getting back to my normal routine. I have been needing a whole lot more sleep the past week or so.

The picture here is of a pillow that was my major stitching push for Christmas this year. It was a gift for my 2 daughters' mother-in-law. Two of my girls married brothers and their mil, Sylvia, did us an enormous favor early last year and so I made this as an extra special Thank You Christmas Gift.

I've posted close up pictures in my Flickr album which you can access by clicking on this picture. There you will see Sylvia herself with the pillow and also some examples of Sharon B's first two weeks of the TAST challenge she is running on her blog "In a Minute Ago".

The Herringbone is sort of hidden along one seam and disguised by beads & added stitches. The very simple version of Buttonhole is on the peach seam on the lower left of the pillow.

I need to play catch up with the TAST stitches at some point so my "book" will be complete. I know what I'm going to do; the problem is having the energy to do it. This virus takes a lot out of you when you're not a kid.

Stitch on!

5 comments:

Lil said...

hooray! LouAnn is back into blogging! I really missed you!

Sylvia's pillow is gorgeous by the way!

Gerry said...

It's good to have you back! Pretty neat that sisters married brothers. What are the odds? Very nice work on the pillow block.

Charlene ♥ NC said...

welcome back! Lovely pillow, as always@!

piney cq said...

Tis beautimous!!! Sylvia is one LUCKY lady!
Sure hope you are back to feeling great soon! Nasty bug to have while traveling! :_\
Take care and thanks for sharing! Great to have you back!

Thelma said...

Absolutely georgous!! Love the colors and the embellishing.