Wednesday, June 07, 2006


Originally uploaded by lasassone.
I got going on the lower left pane for the window project and skipped over the lower right. I can't believe I finished 2 of the panes today. Tomorrow I'll finish the other and begin assembling the project.

Some details:
I found the tiny little bird in my redwork bird binder. It's a copy of a vintage pattern.

I cut the Easter egg from an Easter print cotton fabric and tried to do a neat needleturn applique. I still need more practice on needleturn. It was easier to do the kite on the top left pane because I could iron back the edges for a crisp shape. That didn't work too well with the egg shape.

The pink & green trim came to me in the "baggie" but was white. I handdyed it with Ozcraft dyes and it was in the picture I posted the other day - a couple entries back.

The green gauze ribbon was in the baggie too. I have never before done anything like what I did with it, but it just seemed to be needed to soften that long curve through the block. I anchored it with the larger beads and then snuggled up a cluster of 3 seed beads on each side of the larger ones. There's lots of beads on this one, but that's pretty normal for my work I think. That and stitch combos!

The feather stitching on the lower right is done with YLI's Pearl Crown Rayon thread in the Baby Pastel color. I was not sure the colors were working but now that it's all done I think it was the right choice.

I have to say that pink has never been a favorite color of mine and I NEVER have worked with so many pastels before. I think it's going to be a good piece when it's all done, but I don't think I'll be able to look at another piece of pink fabric for awhile!

No comments: