Friday, October 02, 2009

Donkey Block for Farm Quilt

Call me crazy, but I am just loving all the new television programs and Redwork is one thing I can do while watching them. Working on a CQ block is hard. I need to be sitting at a table to handle a Crazy Quilt project.

I finished this mule last evening. It's the 8th block in the Ruby McKim Farm Quilt design set. In fact, I even started the next block which is the Piggies block.

I did the mule block all with 2 strands of floss, but for the little chick at the bottom right I only used 1 strand and did the back stitch instead of the outline stitch.

I've a long way to go on this project; there are 25 designs. A long time ago I found the fabric for alternate blocks and/or sashing and I've wanted to do this set ever since. It's a farm landscape print and the dmc thread color I'm using matches the print. It's color #355.

Well, now back to working on the block for the Breast Cancer Project! Oh, and I have to do the bills for the month too. Such Fun!

No comments: