Friday, December 16, 2005

Children of the World Blocks


Children of the World Block #2
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
I've had these vintage embroidery patterns for some time and recently I found the perfect Children of the World fabric to use with them to make a quilt. It's a print with many children's faces and they are dressed in costumes of their nations.

I chose 2 strands of dmc #304 red and an off-white Kona Cotton fabric to do the embroidery. The colors were picked to match the colors in the children's face fabric. I also have a Flags of the World fabric that I hope to incorporate into the final quilt as well.

So far I have completed 3 of the 20 designs and after Christmas projects are done I hope to get back to these. Each only takes a couple evenings in front of the television for me to complete.

If you click on the Italy design it will take you to my Flicker photos and you can see the other 2 designs I have completed so far. The one shown here is my favorite so far. I really perfected my colonial knot technique on all those grapes & spots! Isn't she cute!???

No comments: