Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Playing Catch Up!


January Snowman BOM
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
Here's the January /Winter snowman design done up. Since we started this BOM challenge on the list in April, if I want to make these into a Christmas gift, I have to do the designs for Jan-March and play catch up!

I'm thinking I might add a few beads here and there in the designs before the whole thing is put together. Like on these snowflakes I think a seed bead would be nice in the center of the snowflakes. And, thinking ahead to the December block, there's a little tree in the design. I've been thinking of substituting a little cactus and wouldn't it be cute (tree OR cactus) to hang some little tiny ornaments on that design?

I finished this block while we were in Monterey, CA at the ocean, enjoying the cool weather. We had a lovely full day at the Monterey Bay Aquarium, which is not to be missed, and we walked a lot too. We also ate like little piggies and are really having problems getting back in the swing of things now that we're back home.

I spent the first full day home laundering the fabric that I "found" at two shops we visited the last day we were there. The Handmaden and Back Porch Fabrics (both in Pacific Grove) called my name! And I'm so glad I answered. At both places I found fabrics that I've been looking for for months or weeks. Such great finds and such friendly shops too!

Next up here is a horse-themed project for my #4 granddaughter's birthday at the end of this month. Better get crackin'!

No comments: