Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Southwestern Snowmen!


JuneSnowman
Originally uploaded by lasassone.
I'm doing these snowmen of the month for the BOM challenge on the blueroseredwork list at yahoo groups. I decided to do them in southwestern colors without the name of the month because my sister-in-law collects & loves snowmen AND she lives in AZ in a home decorated in SW decor.

The accompanying strip of fabric will be the sashing for the wallhanging I intend to make from the 12 blocks. The actual block is stitched on a mottled fabric that almost looks hand dyed. I bought both fabrics at the quilt shop in Sedona, AZ some time ago. I chose the colors of DMC floss from both fabrics.

This is the June snowman; pictures of July and August will follow.

I'm off now to work on another BOM project that is kind of an experiment. Hope to have happy results to show soon! I'm also working on another pastel project - this time peaches & greens with a little light gold. It's a pillow top and a gift for a friend who went out of her way to do us a huge favor.

1 comment:

Susan said...

I love all your little snowmen! Your sister will love these, I'm sure. I see you like redwork, too. So do I. Laurene Sinema got me started with it years ago, and I can't seem to stop - though it isn't always red!