Saturday, August 11, 2007

All Appliqued & Ready to Embellish

This is my latest crazy quilt project. It's a rectangular pillow for our bed. The insert for it is a "travel pillow" from JoAnn's Fabrics. Of course I had to go buy one because the 6 I already own are in the back of the storage unit!

I Miss My STUFF! LOL!

When I bought all new bed linens for the staging of the house for sale, something was missing when I set it all up. I think this pillow will do the trick by taking a place in the center of all the pillows and shams. I'll let you know when I get it done. I just realized this minute that I don't have any fabric in the house to use to make the back of the pillow. Guess I'll have to make another fabric run! G is probably gonna wonder if I'm building a back up stash here!

Meanwhile I realized, of course, that I don't have much in the way of embellishment for this purple and gold pillow cover. I found one faux ciggy silk of gold colored poppies, so I will use that along with lots of layered seam treatments and maybe a patch embroidery on the rather large gold satin piece. At least I have all my threads here!

I didn't think I had any silk ribbon though. I thought it was all in storage, but last evening I found a bag of short pieces. Alas there is no purple in the bag, but I did find a short length of gold. And, of course, all my hand-dyed motifs are safely locked up as well.

All in all it's going to be quite a challenge to see what I can come up with for this pillow!

Meanwhile all last week I worked on and finished 4 quilt tops for our local Blankie Project for cancer patients. I have plans and fabric for a bunch more after spending all day last Saturday at the workshop pinning and prepping quilt tops for machine quilting.

I am still doing Redwork embroidery in the evenings while I watch tv and I have finished 6 of the 12 Blueberry Hill ornament designs now. They and the Blankie quilts can be seen in my flickr photostream which you can access by clicking on the photo in this entry.

Stitch On!

No comments: