Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Angel Kitty doll


Angel Kitty doll front
Originally uploaded by lasassone
This is the Kitty-Angel that I made for Fran for our Holiday exchange. If you click on this picture, you can also see the back of the kitty and his Michael's purchased wings.

Fran and I both love Kitties and so when I drew her name a few months ago for this I just knew that I had to make my angel a kitty-angel!

I'm happy to say she was delighted with "Miss Kitty" as I dubbed her. She was fun to make and, as Fran said she liked traditional Christmas colors, it was a simple piecing from out of my piecing scrap box. The threads used are mainly silk pearl and mainly J.Walsh ones at that. I have just learned today that my favorite shop, Needle in a Haystack in Alameda California, is no longer going to carry this line of thread and is closing it out at half price! I need to take inventory and make a call to Alameda!

The beads I used came from a multi-colored box of little containers of seed beads that I purchased at Michaels Craft Store before all my other beads went into storage. The starburst jewlelry-like item on the front is a piece of broken jewelry from a bag that I got at a garage sale this past Fall in Sedona, Arizona.

Miss Kitty's eyes are 2 black Swarovski margarites that I put on with the gold backing side up using a black seed bead to anchor them.

I was very happy and surprised at how this turned out because I was just winging it with a vague idea in my mind. It turned out so well that I may just have to make one for myself!

No comments: