Saturday, June 16, 2007

First Block Done!

Candle Block
Originally uploaded by lasassone
Last night I finished the first of 4 blocks I'll be doing redwork embroidery on for the holiday mystery quilt I intend to finish next. This was all done in 2 strands of DMC #321 except for the little evergreen sprigs. Those I did the stems with 2 strands, but the foliage freestyle with a single strand.

This white-on-white fabric was a bit hard to stitch on, but I really like the look it gives. I have already started the next block's design which is a Santa face.

I'm still a beginner at this blogging stuff and couldn't figure how to add another picture amongst my words, so I put the quilt layout picture in a separate post. Below you can see the ultimate look of the finished quilt and perhaps understand why I just couldn't let those 4 center spaces go empty!

Stitch on!


piney cq said...

Ohhhhhh!!!! This will be very pretty when you're done! Neat!!! I love it!

Gail said...

LouAnn, this is going to be a darling quilt. I look forward to seeing the finished quilt.

On the pictures, I add them all at once and then add the words around them.